Friday, February 15

Feb TIF Challenge

I had an idea of where I wanted to go with this month's TIF challenge. Remember we are to answer the question
"What are you too old to remember?"

That just got me to thinking bout lots of stuff from personal life like my first kiss (at 5!!!!!) or my first dance with someone I had a crush on (2 totally separate guys by the way). I needed to start using my sketchbook so this challenge proved a good one. First I started with tongue in cheek ideas like:

  • mini and maxi skirts (who didn't have the shortest mini's allowed)
  • Mili Vanilli and that lip syncing debacle (you think anyone remembers them?)
  • Pac-man (never did get the hang of it and still can't do video games well)
  • Dynasty (remember the famous Crystal and Alexis fight?)
  • Who Shot JR???????? (if you don't know this one it's not worth explaining)
So then I started thinking out events/things that affected the world we live in like:

  • the collapse of the Berlin Wall
  • the 1st artificial heart
  • the Iran hostage crisis that ended in '81
  • and then there's typwriters (still can't type properly for dog nor human)
  • 8-track tapes and 45's and 78's (records that is)....the list goes on and on.

In the end I decided not to write about any childhood events because most of those no one knows but me. As I was writing this list one thing kept popping back into my mind time and time again and I was very surprised at my reaction to it today, long after it happened. I've sketched it out but have to think on how best to execute it....but I'm leaving it here for now.

"Aw shucks!" you say, disheartened. Check back later and I'll show you my experimentations.

See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the end results....hope you don't keep us in suspenders too long though, lol