Saturday, August 25

Designing Web Pages

I thought it would be fairly easy to design my own website (most of you really need to stop laughing at me now). So after days...okay so it's been a month plus but who's counting...of reading ,writing and lots of frustrated behavior I won't describe here, I finally have....a half of a page done!!!! Eh! I can see why people get paid good money to do this FOR you. But...

I WILL NOT GIVE UP, I WILL PERSEVERE!!!! yadda, yadda, yadda.

Actually I'm having a bit of fun reading the books I have, "HTML, XHTML & CSS by Elizabeth Castro and "The Principles of Beautiful Web Design" by Jason Beaird. It's fascinating read believe it or not and I'm learning so much.

Like when I post stuff to this blog and then view it, why the picture of a fruitcake is over there by the description of my husband's best friend (disclaimer: my husband's best friend, who's name shall remain nameless, is not a fruitcake, I'm just using that as an example) or now knowing that the html language that I see on a page is not really some web page designer mouthing off, it really does translate into web text.

Alright, enough goofing off. Hopefully my website, RedBarn Studios with it's new logo (yippee!) will be up and running soon...suppose that depends on your definition of soon...or you might see more posts that aptly describe my frustrated behavior. I'm off to buy MORE school supplies (whatever happened to just the paper and a pen deal?) but that means they go back to school on Monday and I get my daytime hours back to myself again. I think I prefered year round school afterall.


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

p.s. As I write this my 6 yr old is playing "bowling" with my beautifully beaded ball and my 24" long ruler propped up on a the drill case. So much for it being MY place for play.

1 comment:

Karen Ponischil said...

I hate to say it but it is always SO difficult to design your own web site.
I've been tweaking my blog for days now. When I do my own site, I think I'm going to have to use one of those hosting company's that has template site designs.

good luck!