Sunday, August 26

Mess has it's Merits

Okay, so I was watching my regular sunday morning news programs to get my fill of all things political and I hear Bill Geist, from CBS News Sunday Morning say "if I could see more executive offices that look this messy I bet we'd be a more productive nation"...and I sat up to listen.

Apparently mess is GOOD!!! who the heck knew! I constantly bemoan the piles of paper and magazines I have lying around my studio and the few in my bedroom. I stack mags by date with the latest at the top, papers are stacked as well. As the guest, David Freeman said, "Piles have a chronological meaning to them. And people know how many inches they have to go down on a pile to get so many weeks or months back in time, and that makes it very easy to find things."

This is ME!!!!!!

How wonderful to know that I am not just a messy person but a messy person with purpose. There's such a thing as "useful mess". Whoopee!! Halleuah!

Furthermore, Mr. Freeman has these thoughts:

"...Had Sir Alexander Fleming not kept such a filthy laboratory, penicillin would not have been discovered" (big one here folks)

"...employees with messy desks are 36 percent more efficient (tellthat to your bosses)

"...the bigger the salary, the bigger the mess ( yeh but I'm thinking those CEO's also have people to clean up their messes)

and lastly "...Albert Einstein said, "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" Mmmmh?

So some food for thought folks: mess ain't what it's cracked up to be. Go ahead be messy, feel good about it, more efficient production is right around the corner. YOUR ART IS WAITING!

See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

1 comment:

Karen Ponischil said...

I saw this on Sunday too. It made me feel so much better about myself. I'm such a slob.