Saturday, July 19

Family Fun

Every year my sisters and brothers, my mother and I gather somewhere and celebrate for a week the fact we are a family. With all the kids and husbands this little group numbers 19.

This week they all descend on my house for the next week as we celebrate a couple of milestone birthdays. My older sister turned _ _, (I'm not getting in trouble for mentioning her actual age), I turned 45 (btw, she is 5 yrs older--she never said I couldn't mention how much older that me she is and I'm sure your math is not that rusty) and my younger sister turned 40 this year.

Also my daughter turned the the BIG 16 yrs old and she decided she wanted to have her big blow out I-am-16-and-I drive-and-have-a-car party when they were all here.

So with that said you can imagine the cleaning and preping I've been doing to get the house ready for 14 people who all arrive today.

I'll be back online and back to my art (I've got to put some of them where ever they fit and my studio is being sacrificed...boo hoo) after they leave.

Have fun whatevever you are doing this week cause I sure will!


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

4 comments:

Judy Whitehead said...

Have a wonderful week my friend!

Karoda said...

Best wishes to all and enjoy this very special time.

Timaree said...

Have a good time. I know how hectic times like this can be as we all pile into one another's homes wherever also. You might as well sacrifice your studio as you won't be finding the time between celebrating, cooking and visiting to do any art anyhow! See ya later!

Jules said...

Oh what fun!! Lots of great years and parties!

I turned your age this year and my ds will be 16 in 2 weeks!! Yippee!! I'm thinking he isn't after a big 16th party. ;)