Sunday, July 27

I'm Back!

Grace is ready (well, almost ready) to get back to ART.

Gotta catch my breath first. It's been a whirlwind week with a couple of hiccups but, all in all, I think everyone had a good time.

They all left today and the house is somewhat back to normal. The kids, hubby and I have decided to take the rest of the day off. We'll start putting the house back together again..... tomorrow. As a matter of fact today, I've decided, is a pajama day. Laundry can definitely wait.

We had a lot planned for the visit, didn't get to all of it but that's usually what we do. Have a whole slew of things we want to do and pick from that list each day.

Believe you me getting 18 people ready to go out in 3 cars filled with 5 car seats is a job in itself so pinning anyone to a definite schedule is just asking for chaos to happen.

Some of the places we visited was Lazy 5 Ranch, Carowinds, US Nat'l Whitewater Rafting Center and Discovery Place. And of course, because they all live in the Bahamas, shopping is always a big part of our time together.

Tomorrow I will get back into my studio (which I truly have missed). I have to first clean up, put away to sleeping equipment then put everything back in place so I can find things readily again.

With the little ones around I thought it prudent to put away the really dangerous stuff and the things I wanted no little fingers messing with or breaking.

I've also been pratically hyperventilating about getting back to my lastest addiction.........Dyeing fabrics of course! Can't wait to get my yellow gloved hands back into the pots again and see the magic of colour I produce materialize right before my eyes. That feeling is just something that cannot be bottled.

Also, I've started a new blog but it's under wraps for now. The big reveal will be much later after I complete a few pieces for their deadlines.

Hope everyone had a good week!


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

1 comment:

Timaree said...

Good to see you back. Yes, it does require down time after big visits. My husband starts the cleanup immediately - he can't relax till the house is back in order. I always want to get back to my art materials. If I'm too worn out to do anything, I can at least look and feel and dream again which is my down time mode.

Glad you had a good time. Family is so valuable. Nothing like them.