Sunday, November 11

A New Pattern

My time has not been my own of late and I have not had a chance to create anything new but finally, a new piece "Bloom Where You Are Planted". It's only a small wallhanging that I still have yet to write the pattern directions for but at least the top is done. I originally wanted to make it for my daughter to let her know that her beauty will shine no matter where she is in life.

Bloom Where You Are Planted
The ragged boot I absolutely love how it turned out. The only thing is I'm always stymied trying to come up with quilting designs to enhance my quilt tops so I've been auditioning designs on my makeshift design board. It's just a piece of plexiglass that I place over an unquilted piece and draw on with a dry erase pen. It's much easier that way because I get to erase the design without having to unpick any threads.

We all have so many ideas for quilts in our heads and think we'll never get all of them out in a sketchbook, far less in fabric? Well...I'm here to tell you...you probably won't get to them all (hee hee) but every one that's plucked out is another one you can feel good about. And then another 2 are ready to take its place. I'm glad this one is finally out and almost finished. Hurray!


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Wow!! Congratulations on your ribbons and I am blown away by "Bloom Where You Are Planted"! Can't wait to see it!!

grace said...

Thanks Christine, can't wait to get it finished.

BTW, I think I'm in love with fusible web. Piecing might just have to take a back seat!!

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

WOW! This is wonderful, Grace! You really captured the beat-up quality of the boot, and as usual, I just love your color sense. Get that pattern written up!

Peggy said...

Grace I love your new design bloom where you are planted.. it is great and a thought we all need to remember

Peggy Welchert
http://.www.magicthimblecreations.blogspot.com

grace said...

Thanks Peggy. Can't wait to get the quilting finished then into a pattern evelope she goes.