Monday, June 9

New Artwork

I was priviledged to take a workshop with Lyric Kinard this past Saturday. We worked on a surface design sampler of techniques including carving stamps, screen printing and beading.

Thanks to a fun time and a great instructor, today I actually finished the project from a workshop for the first time. Yippee!

The technique sampler is a great way to to learn a few things without taking an intense workshop on one technique you're not sure you will use again.

For instance I am so into carving stamps these days and learned some great tips from Lyric AND I've discovered I love, love, love screen printing.

So much so that I'm now trying to find a thermofax machine (old fashioned mimeograph) that someone has hidden somewhere just collecting dust so I can make my own screens.

If you know where I can get one on the cheap, let me know PLEASE. Until then I'll have to send out to Lyric to get them made.

I really like the finished journal. I'm thinking Christmas gifts this year.


journal spine
back cover

stamped/foiled word
inside cover


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

6 comments:

Judy Whitehead said...

Grace, that's absolutely GORGEOUS!

Lyric said...

ooooh! I love the addition of the pocket on the inside! You've done beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

You finished it! Love it, Grace! Can I get on your Christmas gift list?? LOL!!!

grace said...

Thanks everyone. I really love this one and no Judy...you cannot have it, but I'll make you one for Christmas, you too Christine!

Susan Italo said...

Grace, you can try screening with PhotoEZ screens-- kind of low-tech thermofaxes. I took a class last spring and I've =been having alot of fun with them! No affiliation, yada yada!

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

VERY cool. I want to see it in person now! Great job. Susan