Tuesday, June 17

Reading Blogs

I love to read other people's blogs, That's one of the highlights of my day (if I get to it) to see what other artists are up to. I've subscribe to about 50 blogs (so far) and am finding new ones all the time.

I came upon a blog yesterday by
Peggy (don't ask me how I got there) who is from Germany and, unfortunately, I can't speak or read a lick of German. Now I have an out because my daughter is fluent in the language having attended a German Immersion school since kindergarden. But I would rather read the post myself.

I left a comment for Peggy telling her I wish I could understand what she had written cause I love viewing her work. She wrote back saying it was hard for her to translate all of her posts to English (boy do I understand that). That's when I went googling and found......TaDa.......translation widgets for blogs.

Who the heck knew that!!

I figured if I can't read a blog post that's written in another language then there are artists out there who experience the same when they come to my blog (bummer) so I added another little widget to my sidebars. Check it out now over there on the right...go on...click on your flag.

If you read my blog regularly (and hopefully you are...right???) and your native language is not English let me know how this new widget works. Looking for some good feedback here.

See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

1 comment:

Timaree said...

Isn't the cyber world full of good things? I got an email from a blogger in Hawaii and she put a Hawaiian phrase in it. I just googled the phrase and found a Hawaiian dictionary and a phrase site that helped my decipher it. It's amazing what is out there.

Hope it helps you read your German friend's blog. Sometimes it isn't super accurate but you will get the gist of what she says.
Timaree