Tuesday, August 12

Catching Up


Well, here I am again, checking in and glad to be back in my own bed.....you know, the comfortable stuff you know like the stuffy pillow that fits your head right or the lumps and bumps of the mattress you know by heart.

We had a great time, just the few days and my friend (who is expecting twins) is so very exhausted. She looks like she's overdue, poor thing, and she's still got 2 more months to go! Thanks goodness I had them one at a time.

I got a chance to got to New York City with my kids so we took the train from Summit, NJ (where we used to live) into the city. Besides seeing the city again we had a few missions...one wanted to visit a bead shop, the other wanted to visit an art shop and, of course, I wanted to visit a quilt shop in the Chelsea district.

I must say it was like arriving home again. I lived in NY for 2 1/2 yrs and as I stepped out of Penn Station, the ole feeling of "being in NYC" took over. The kids knew they had to bear with me for a few.

My daughter was estatic cause we found 4 bead shops for her to peruse. Funny thing is she came away with only four items. Can you believe that???? Sadly we didn't get to an art store for my son but.....I did find THE shop......yes, I got to shop...again.... in the The City Quilter. Wish I lived closer to it cause I'd be there all the time. It would be so cool to teach in too.

More pics later of my trip home and the"Drive by photos" I like to take. They are so cool.

See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

No comments: