Friday, January 11

Mummy-ism

My mother called me to wish me a Happy Birthday today and, as usual, we started talkin 'bout other things. My mother is West Indian and every once in a while she comes up with these sayings that she heard while growing up.

Let me recap, my husband loves the fact that hes is 7 months and 2 whole days younger than me and relishes the next few months cause I am, in truth, the older and much much wiser of the two of us (he just doesn't realize that part). I told my mother about this and, without missing a beat she says:

"Better to be an older woman's honey that a young woman's sugar daddy!

Well said Mummy!


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

1 comment:

Karoda said...

That saying is hilarious! Just wait until I share this with my mother who is 9 years older than my father.

btw, I'm Karoda (signature name for Karen Davis) at Seamless Skin in the AQ ring.