Tuesday, April 15

My First Presentation

Whew! I DID IT!!!!

I gave my first ever guild presentation yesterday to the Moorseville Centerpeice Guild. My presentation "The Evolution of a Fiber Artist: The Life and Times of a Quilt Addict" is a tongue in cheek look at my life as quilt addict turned fiber artist.

My stomach was turning, my head was swimming and my nerves were playing up big time until the moment I stepped in front of the group. I was a member of this guild a few years ago and recognized some faces so it made it much easier to get up there and talk. Also, unbeknowst to me at the time, my year as Program Chair for Charlotte Guild had given me a chance to be at ease in front a group of people.

A couple of good friends came to support me...thanks DeLane and Jean (who, by the way, is having an Open House this Sat celebrating the opening of her new studio space in Lincolnton, Front Porch Studio).

When I start to speak, most people immediately recognize that I am not a local girl (those who know me are smiling now) so it was interesting that after my presentation a few people came up to me and thanked me for giving them some insight on where I was from.

Thanks Sandy for inviting me to speak to your guild. You were a gem yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Should be a piece-a-cake next time right? .........ha!

I will be listing my presentation schedule on my website as they come up.


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

No comments: