Thursday, May 1

April TIF

I have actually been working on my TIF challenge for April, just haven't posted about it. I'm also thinking it might be a stepping stone to a bigger piece (probably why I haven't finished it yet) but wanted to let you in on what I was doing.

My thinking with this one was to portray a woman who is shedding the old (don't know if you can see the coat she's dropping) to ascend into the new...the new phase...the new thinking...the new (art)work...the new way of life.


I don't use the word ascend lightly because I truly believe we come into a certain greater wisdom on the other side of all this change we go thru, if we are willing to see pass the pain and conflict that might occur...be willing to walk the path that will lead us to a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us.

I am a firm believer that change, and all that manifests itself thru change is good. We'll see where this one leads.


See ya next time "In the Hayloft",

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Grace,
That is a beautiful concept. Such good work. Thank you.

Timaree said...

Really nice. I can see how you would want to expand on this.

grace said...

I have this piece permanently up on my design wall and have come to a realization that it helps me as I work.
I find I glance at her a lot and her shedding of the old coat somehow seems to help me move thru a glitch while I'm working on a piece. She just be my muse incarnate. ;-)